Yeah, you can probably learn things from cats too, but today, we’re talking about dogs. They can have such an easy life. They lay around and sleep, they get fed, they get petted and they get groomed. They live such happy lives and we’re going to take a look at 10 things they know about living life that we can learn from:
1. Live for the moment. Dogs don’t have ostentatious memories or worry about the future. Every day is a new day with great possibilities. They don’t think about disappointments of the past and they don’t try to predict tomorrow, next week, next year. They just live for the day. They relax. They play. And they chase their rail without worry about who sees them do it.
2. They Forgive. They don’t like to see you leave in the mornings. They don’t like to hear you yell at them. And if you yell at them for no reason, they don’t let their hurt feelings linger. They don’t judge. They forgive. They love.
3. Treat Rewards. Treats are the best part of living for the moment. They are a symbol of appreciation and love from others. Even if the treat is some simple like a walk to the dog park, they are special and makes them feel special. Humans need to treat themselves.
4. Take Care. Dogs like to nap and get combed. They like to be petted and they appreciate that you take them to the groomer and the vet. Humans should take care of themselves like they do their dogs.
5. Attitude Is It. Dogs are so happy when you walk in the door. They don’t care what kind of day they had, they don’t care what kind of day you had either. They’re just happy to see you and to be fed and petted by you. Our dogs know we’re there for them. Humans need to have somebody there for them.
6. Take a Walk. Dogs love to go for walks and see things. They want to smell everything, and yes pee on everything. But most of all, they just like to get out and get a different view of the world, chase the ducks and smell other dogs. Humans need to let themselves get away and enjoy what life has to offer.
7. Hugging Matters. For a dog, there is nothing better than to be petted. They can just lay next to you and let you stroke their fur until your arm falls off. Touching is an expression of love. Humans need more touch.
8. Know Your Needs. Dogs really don’t need much. We give them a lot, but they don’t ask for all of that stuff. That new bone really doesn’t have the same taste as the old part of a bone that is black. They don’t need a collar with a lot of bling – just a plain simple one is fine. As long as it has their tags on it so they can get back to you if they get away. Humans need to learn to be happy with what they have.